ARTISTIC BABBLING AND ENVIRONMENTAL DABBLING

I'll keep you posted of my wildlife, discoveries, art and expeditions to keep life multicoloured!



Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Insect Arrivals!

Dragonflies are beginning to emerge at Stover - these newly emerged Chasers (probably Broad-bodied) began emerging on the 27th April and there are more and more seen every day.
There has been moments of doubt at these freshly emerged individuals with hairy thoraxes - no Hairy Dragonflies have yet been identified!
This week we also found the first Pearl-bordered Fritillaries and a pair of mating Ruby Tigers


I have been collecting exuviae to gain positive ID on dragonflies that have already flown away.


A nice addition to the visitor centre - a Woodpigeon nest!


I've been spending some time today preparing for a Wildlife Watch meeting about Nightjars at the end of the month. I've been making some moths!

No comments:

Post a Comment