ARTISTIC BABBLING AND ENVIRONMENTAL DABBLING

I'll keep you posted of my wildlife, discoveries, art and expeditions to keep life multicoloured!



Saturday, January 30, 2010

Finger Nibblin' Good!

It was a cold morning. I sat by the door waiting for Sue to get dressed and finish her breakfast - I had my biscuits and peanut butter sandwiches, I was ready to go. As I sat there I knew the guys were already meeting and preparing for their lake walk. I don't like being late.



By the time we arrived, the kettle was on and the cake was out. Today we would be raking and forking and burning; the usual sort of hard work.





We were piling cuttings onto the Kubota, raking leaves - most of which kept blowing away and re-littering the path anyway!

But it looked good by the end of the day.






We had a nice lunch around the slowly smouldering fire which looked more like a compost heap than a bonfire. At the end of the day Rob had to speed up the burn with a bit of puff from the leaf-blower!








We left just before the first sprinkle of snow arrived - back home to scrub the dirt off ready for "Anne's Leaving Do - Take 2" out in Newton Abbot. After pizza and giggles, we went to the cider bar for a taste of parsnip wine, then ended up at good old Rafters (does anyone actually call it Enigma?), somewhere I haven't been since they did an under-17s night on a Wednesday. I didn't remember the place at all, though after 10 years I should hope they have had the place redone a little!



Then it was back to Anne's to be eaten by a hamster, starting at the finger, and waking up to an unexpected layer of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment