ARTISTIC BABBLING AND ENVIRONMENTAL DABBLING

I'll keep you posted of my wildlife, discoveries, art and expeditions to keep life multicoloured!



Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Walk in The Woods

The need to get out of the house for a bit prompted me to walk down the lane from the house...towards the Teign where it flows along the foot of Putshill's Wood.
The woods cover one hillside of the valley for a mile or so - it's only a short walk from home, and there is a chance of Dipper and finding some otter spraints down there. Sadly, I saw neither of these, but there were plenty of nice photo opportunities...


Holly



Yellow Brain Fungus
Tremella mesenterica



Purple Jelly Fungus
Ascocoryne sarcoides



River Teign



Graffiti Tree








On returning home I noticed that the Daffodils were beginning to come out by the houses... a welcome sign of Spring!



For the afternoon, I joined my dad, stepmum and Nicole for a powerwalk round the Play Trail on Haldon. I volunteered to push t'baby round so stayed at the rear. My thumbs were freezing while pushing the buggy, so when Maddy discarded her mini-baby-mittens, I used them as makeshift thumb-warmers!


I also discovered how to use the Training/Tracker app on my phone. Once I'd figured it out I set it to track our walk, then imported it into Google Earth when I got home...


No comments:

Post a Comment