ARTISTIC BABBLING AND ENVIRONMENTAL DABBLING

I'll keep you posted of my wildlife, discoveries, art and expeditions to keep life multicoloured!



Monday, January 18, 2010

Lark to Owl

I have realised I am becoming an owl. This is not as tragic as it first seems; I have not yet begun eating voles and hooting from a tree-top, but being unemolyed is making me stay up later and wake up less easily.


I remember the days I'd be in bed by 10pm and up at 7.30am every day, I found it so easy to rise and could be up and dressed in a jiffy. But these days I find myself staying up, and when i finally do go to bed I will insist on watching just "one" more episode of whichever season of 24 I'm currently indulging in. That "one" will become "two" and so on until I can't keep my eyes open.

My sensible body clock tries to force me awake at 8am, but my lazy body clock switches off my natural alarm and sends me back to sleep.

But I don't usually encounter the confusion like this morning, where I awoke to full sun - in January - at 4.05am only to find there had been a power cut in the night and my clock had gone doolally.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I'm like EVERY NIGHT.

    Maybe I'm a lark too - but one who just never gets to bed on time. Would explain a lot...

    ReplyDelete